Wednesday, September 13, 2017

HIKIN 5 Slotted-6 Hooks Multipurpose Wall Mounted Storage Organizer


Hikin's Wall Mounted Mop Broom Holder with Hooks for Storage and Organization
Applicable for Kitchen, Garden, Garage and Other Places Multipurpose

September 02, 2017

Sold by HIKIN and Fulfilled by Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074J56GX9


I gave up on these type of organizers because they never lasted longer than a week in my house!  The last one I owned was about 3 to 4 years ago and was a big name brand.  The ones in the past that I tried were not made well at all and after a week I would hang my wet mop and with in a few hours it would eventually fall off the wall, crashing to the floor along with everything on it!

I saw this Brand by Hikin.  It looked sturdier and the designed definitely look better.  I decided to try it... Why???
  1. Because my brooms, mop, etc. were just taking up to much room in my laundry & utility room and 
  2. They were constantly falling and hitting me in the head leaving a knot or hitting my back and
  3. I would always trip and fall from them falling over and me not knowing or seeing they fell especially when carrying a load or basket of clothes! and 
  4. I was getting ready to just hammer nails in the wall and hanging each of my brooms, mop and standing dustpan on the nails up and out of the way.   
  5. I could get this Hikin Mop Broom Holder Wall Mount with Hooks Organizer at a discount for my review and blog post and with Amazon Prime I would get it fast and with free shipping.  

Dimensions of the Hikin Mop Broom Holder Wall Mount with Hooks Storage, Organizer made from my own picture

I already had an area picked out for it and was excited to finally get the brooms etc. out of the way.  I was so tired of the mess they made in the corner.  It arrived quickly and I took it out of the box.  It came with one grey organizer unit and one small plastic packet of 6 screws and 6 white plastic anchors.

Packet of 6 screws and 6 white plastic anchors

There were no paper installation instructions inside the box, but I found instructions for the installation on the outside of the box.  It seem like a quick and easy installation.  This also comes with it own hollow wall anchors, which I switched.  
Often times a manufacturer will supply the least expensive and minimum strength anchor that will do the job.  So I switched to a safer and stronger large threaded anchor.  I use wall anchors a lot so I always have them on hand.




After reading the installation instructions on the box I inspected This Hikin Wall Mounted Mop Broom Holder with Hooks. It definitely feels more sturdier and the quality is better than those I have used in the past.

It has 5 rounded, gravity controlled, rolling balls on the left side of each slot

and 5 friction grips on the right side of each slot.
This system creates a complete and quick grasp and/or release of any size handle.  Each ball holds up to 7-1/2 pounds of weight.  I think the future of my wet mop is going to be fine.
  

The hooks on this Hikin Organizer move smoothly and are thick but able to fit many sized holes over its ball and arm.... But I can't help thinking they may not last long.  As with everything "Time will tell" and I will update this blog post if and when one should ever break - Unless of course a few year pass

A hook in the closed position

Opening a hook


I decided to hang the storage/organizer now. It is a quick and easy install, and I wanted the brooms, mop, etc. up and out of my way!  I proceeded to get out everything I needed to secure this to my wall.  My measuring tape, cordless drill with drill bits and a Philips driving bit, hammer, marking pencil, my own anchors and a level.  


I cleaned and dried the wall and positioned the Hikin Organizer on my wall with the level to mark the holes for drilling.  I make sure everything I hang is level.  It was easy, marking the holes with my marking pencil. The red lead fit right into the holes on the storage/organizer unit.  I finished up with an "X" and a single line threw the very middle of the mark I made and the "X" for a precise position of the drill bit.  I then chose the size of the drill bit that would make the best size hole to fit the anchor.  I then started drilling.....



After drilling all the holes I then began hammering in the anchors I chose. 



I cleaned the red marking from the wall and I screwed the organizer unit to the wall and checked to see that it was level.
PERFECT FINISH!


I was finished with the installation! A Quick, Easy and PERFECT Finish! And it looked good too!

I then set about grabbing a few close by items out of that corner and hung each one on the organizer. Placing each into there own separate slot. Each item just hung immediately! I didn't have to adjust, wiggle, shimmy, poke or prod anything! No Problems Period!




I only want things I use daily or several time a day/week on this!  As You can see in the picture below I hung my duster mop [I only use this every few months so It will be put away into the closet], my house broom and standing dustpan, my porch and sidewalk broom, my mop and my Swiffer duster is on one of the hooks.










September 13, 2017 - Blog Post Continuation 


It has been 11 days and the Hikin's Wall Mounted Mop Broom Holder with Hooks is still on my wall! It has managed to hold my heavy wet mop, that would have caused the past brands I've used to fall off the wall crashing to the floor along with everything on it!  I love it! 
This brand is much sturdier and It has a particular concept in its intended aim to hold and grip the varying thickness of different 
handles. It looks good and tidies up the area giving me more room.  No more knots on my head or falls from tripping on the fallen brooms, etc. It is definitely well worth what Hikin charges for it at Amazon

I didn't move the dusting mop into the closet like I planned. It is rather light so I moved it to a hook.   I also put a few other things on the Hikin's Wall Mounted Mop Broom Holder with Hooks that I use quite a bit and they where taking up space in one of my kitchen drawers.... My Hammer and Screw Driver! 
  
Nice right!!





I would recommend this to anyone looking for a Wall Mounted Storage Organizer for your mops, brooms, and any other cleaning tool that can be hung or has a stick, pole, handle, etc. 

Check out Hikin Wall Mounted Mop Broom Holder with Hooks 
and maybe pick one up for yourself :
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074J56GX9


Other Great areas to use the Hikin Wall Mounted Mop Broom Holder with Hooks: The  Laundry, Garage, Garden, kitchen, Utility, Closets, Office Rooms
  and more. 
Other ideas for uses Kitchen Tools, Cleaning Tools, Metal Tools, Sporting Equipment, Garden Tools, Brushes, Canes and Walking sticks etc.

Thank for reading my po
st, you are the best!




 #Tomoson #tomoson #TiNativio  #tinativio  #BroomHolder, #BroomHanger #MopHolder, #MopHanger, #WallMountOrganizer,  #WallMount  #BroomHanger

No comments:

Post a Comment